The following links will connect you to information on special needs
students, teaching and assessment materials, assistive technology, and
| REGULAR EDUCATION | |
SPECIAL EDUCATION | |
EDUCATIONAL PRODUCTS | |
TECHNOLOGY PRODUCTS |
- Center For Creative Play-Toy
and technology lending library with a play center for children of all
Web Guide-This site gathers and categorizes Internet resources
to books for Children and Young Adults as well as movies about books.
- Discovery Education-Free lesson plans written by teachers for teachers and links to FREE teacher resources.
- Dave's ESL Cafe-A
collection of resources to help the ESL student in the regular
Lot's of exciting new material being added monthly.
- EducatorLabs-The Resource Bank is an ongoing project that is currently in its infancy, or "in Beta,". Bookmark this page to visit again at your convenience; new resources are added at regular intervals.
- informED-User friedndly teaching tools and resource packs on the topics and subjects teachers care about most.
- Internet Public Library-Special Collections-This link helps teachers locate resources on the Web. This information was gathered with the intent of meeting the professional needs of K-12 teachers.
for Educators-A classified list of sites on the Internet found to
useful for enhancing curriculum and teacher professional growth.
- Kathy Schrock's Guide to Everything-This new site includes tons of resources on current educational topics such as authentic learning, Bloom's Digital Taxonomy, iPads, Twitter, infographics, and many more.
- Library of Congress-Classroom materials and professional development to help teachers effectively use primary sources from the Library's vast digital collections in their teaching.
- Project Gutenberg's Tales of WonderA
wonderful archive of Folk and Fairy Tales from around the world to
your Language Arts curriculum.
- Teach Net-Teacher's
materials, education issues etc.
Internet Village-This site has abundant general education resources
by curriculum areas, professional development topics, and parent
- Technical Assistance Center
Development Partnerships-Professional development and educational
organized at the state, national, and international level. On-line
bibliographic data base, upcoming conferences, products etc.
- The Dyslexia Page-A good
resources for teachers to learn more about dyslexia.
- The Well Connected Educator-An
publishing center community of educators, administrators, parents
in using technology for teaching and learning at the Global Schoolhouse
Connection-Worldwide disability solutions, adaptive technology,
library (freeware/shareware), and Convomania-a web site designed for
and disabled children to share their feelings and ideas in a
- Family Village-A
of useful information on disability-related resources plus a discussion
and chat area.
- Internet Resources for Special
(IRSC)-Communicates information relating to the needs of children
disabilities on a global basis. Extensive list of disability links.
tools and resources to enable students with learning difficulties to be
- Microsoft Assessibility
Accessibility support site with information and software resources on
in Windows 95, 3.11, Windows NT and some DOS tools.
- National Center to
in Special Education Through Technology (NCIP)-Promotes the
use of technology to enhance educational outcomes for students with
cognitive, physical, and social/emotional disabilities.
- National Association of Special Education Teachers-The Classroom Management Series will focus on topics for both new and experienced teachers, including topics on setting up your classroom, behavioral management, adapting curriculum, working with different personality styles of students, assisting parents of children with special needs, and many more relevant topics.
of resources including disability information, educational
resources, lessons on assistive technology, disability information
and much more.
- Schwab Foundation for
support, and hope for parents and educators helping students with
on the Internet (SERI)-A collection of Internet accessible
resources of interest to those involved in the fields related to
Network (SNE)-Provides Internet resources specific to parents,
and other professionals involved in the education of students with
- Teaching Students with Down Syndrome-This site (informED) contains a variety of teacher resources for students with special learning needs.
- Teaching Strategies for Students with Disabilities-This site has the recent findings of research so that general and specialeducators can connect with the best “evidence-based practices” for teaching students with disabilities.
- Tools for Special Education Teachers-Teachers can find online tools and resources to power their lesson-planning and engage your students. These 101 online tools for collaborative learning are all free to use, or at least free to try.
Education-Search engine starting point to investigate many areas of
- Academic Therapy Publications-Assessment
and educational materials for communication disorders and other special
- A.D.D. Warehouse-On-line
of books, videos, training tools, games, assessment tools for
ADHD, and related problems.
- American Guidance Services-Order
and instructional materials for use with special education students.
- Aspen Publications-Information
publications, and electronic products for speech-language, health, and
- Future Horizons-Autism
for books about behavior, social skills, treatments, family concerns,
- GSI Resources-Extensive
ADD resources for children.
- Laureate Learning Systems Inc.-Speech/voice
assessment and training software products.
- Lee Products-Source
Tape, Note Tape, Hefty Tabs etc. Lee products are also sold
at the OfficeMax. com web site
materials designed by Speech-Language Pathologists and Educators.
- Newbridge Book Company-Order
books/materials for Speech Pathology, Special Education, Early
- Pro-Ed Inc.-Text, books,
and equipment for special needs students.
- Phonic Ear-Personal FM
listening devices for students and classroom models.
- Riverside Publishing-Source
for Educational, Clinical, and Special Needs assessments. Also
Career, and Guidance resources.
- Slosson Catalog-On-line
intellectual, speech/language, behavioral, special needs, and
assessment materials. Also includes detailed description of
- Super Duper Publications-High
quality materials for speech-language pathologists, special educators,
teachers, parents, and caregivers in educational, home and health care
- The Hanen Centre-Books for
and professionals on promoting children's language and social skills,
materials to train parents about language delays in children.
for assessment materials in all disciplines and professional materials.
and language assessment and intervention resources for all ages
textbooks, interactive multimedia teaching materials, games, books etc.
Last Update 08/9/18
Recommendations**-For a more comprehensive list of software and
devices currently being recommended for use in our schools, check out
- Able Net Inc.-Makers of
and Speak Easy communication aids, Big Red and Jellybean switches, and
other accessible products.
- Academic Software-Assistive
devices for use with PCs and Macs. They also have other products
like interactive books for home, school, work, and free download pages
- Apple Computer K-12-Educational
hardware/software for Apple/Mac OS and resources for integrating it
- AROGA Technologies Disability
products available for persons with Physical, Communication, Low
& Blindness disabilities.
- Broderbund Software-Specializing
in interactive software for preschool-upper elementary school.
- Cognitive Concepts-Developers
Earobics auditory development and phonics CD-ROM programs.
Step 1 and Step 2 now available.
Guide to Best Software- Parent tips for choosing software for
of all ages. Reviews of recent additions for a variety of
- Crestwood Company-Communication
Aids for Children and Adults. Wonderful selection of adapted toys
for children with special needs.
- Don Johnston, Inc.-Extensive
for assistive technology devices and software products for special
students who struggle with reading, writing, and math.
- DREAMMS for Kids-Assistive
Clearing House specializing in assistive technology products for
Special section on Directions:Technology in Special Education.
Education-Software Reviews for
preschool-upper elementary, lesson plans, articles, parent resources
- Edmark-Software for
early elementary as well as education materials. Makers of Millie
and Bailey's Early Learning House series.
- Gus Communications Inc.-Specializing
in multimedia speech systems for Windows-compatible computers that
screen into a dynamic display, speech output device.
- IBM K-12 Education-K-12
education news, solutions, web links, and services.
- AlphaSmart, Inc.-Makers
Alpha Smart Pro and 2000. For teachers who don't have enough
in their classrooms, this intelligent keyboard could be a
Applicable for the Learning Disabled population.
alternative keyboard, IntelliTalk talking word processor and many other
Early Learning, Special Education, and Basic Skills technology products
for Mac and Windows.
- Mayer-Johnson Co.-Makers
and Speaking Dynamically software plus many other products like PCS for
special needs learners.
- Scientific Learning
out about the new comprehensive CD-ROM and Internet training program
language-learning impaired children. Makers of Fast Forward, Fast
Forward Two, and Away We Go.
- TextHelp Read and Write for Google-TextHelp made Read&Write and EquatIO FREE for teachers! This means you can get premium subscriptions to one or both of these products at no cost. If you’re interested in getting set up with a free teacher account for either product,
- Wings for Learning/Sunburst-Software
and educational materials for regular and special needs users at the
to Previous Page) (Go
to Next Page) (Return
to Home Page)